After bariatric surgery we’ll have holidays and events to celebrate every year for the rest of our lives. Hundreds of special times with family and friends that all include special meals. What does a post op do?
If you decided it would be okay to have 'just a spoonful' of your favorite foods for each celebration, you'd be in big trouble rather quickly. Not. A. Good. Plan. After Easter, there is Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, and it goes on and on until you hit The Holidays. Add in your birthday, family birthdays, anniversary, vacations, random weddings and baby showers and you would be eating away at your weight loss with your spoon!
PRO TIP: I used to add one or two bariatric friendly dishes to the usual ‘feast’, but I have recently moved to an even more radical zone. I serve a plated sit down meal just like a restaurant! I love my family but the only home made dishes at our last 3 last holiday meals were ones I brought. I am owning being judgmental, but your holidays have morphed into giant buffets of ready-made food from COSTCO served up on the plastic trays they came with, it's time to reel things in.
I have featured 2 plated Easter meals that are absolutely delicious and completely bariatric friendly – ham and lamb. Best of all is that you can make them for one, two, or ten people. Everyone at the table will complement you on your wonderful restaurant meal! We also have a few appetizers and fabulous no added sugar desserts to take with you - a prerequisite for an invite! Have a wonderful Easter!
Easter means one thing to sugar addicts... its the season for the Holy Grail of candy, Cadbury Creme Eggs!
- Suzi's Skinny Strawberry Tartlets
- Ricotta Berry Pie
- Perfect Chocolate Cake - Sugar Free is a Bonus!
- Salmon with Mango Salsa
- Bariatric Surgery Only Makes Your Stomach Smaller!
- 16 Problems After Bariatric Surgery - Part 2
- 16 Problems After Bariatric Surgery - Part I
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Grilled Buffalo Tenders, Blue Cheese Celery Slaw
- Chicken with Tsatsiki - Greek Yogurt Cucumber Sauce
- Chicken Sticks with Balsamic Tomato Drizzle
- BBQ Chicken - Homemade 5 Ingredient BBQ Sauce
- Oven Fried Chicken
- Fast Chicken Cacciatore
- BBQ Chicken Sliders with Honey Mustard Drizzle